FACTS AND FIGURES
Administration and Technical Staff
The Centre for Sustainable Nanomaterials (CSNano) is one of the Centres of Excellence (COE) under Ibnu Sina Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research (ISI-SIR), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. The centre currently consists of 3 Professors, 4 Associate Professors, 5 Senior Lecturers, 9 support staff and 5 external associate members. The CSNano is currently led by Assoc. Prof. ChM. Dr. Nik Ahmad Nizam.
CSNano is an interdisciplinary research and educational centre focused on fostering the advancement of materials science at ISI-SIR, UTM. CSNano fosters the scientific and technical breadth of materials science, which spans research areas including inorganic antimicrobial materials, heterogeneous catalysts, porous nanomaterials, nano/molecular photochemistry, analytical science, separation chemistry, and quantum chemistry.
To be a leading centre of excellence in nanomaterials through innovative research, publications, product development and service to the community both locally and internationally
To lead the advancement of knowledge through development of innovative research for sustainable nanomaterials
- To conduct innovative research and provide training and consultancy in the areas of nanomaterials
- To develop new technology and products for sustainable nanomaterials
- To establish local and international collaborations with leading industries and institutions
- To develop state-of-the-art facilities to establish a strong foundation for research and consultancy
- To produce highly-trained people to serve the nanotechnology industry and other related industries and government agencies
NEWS & EVENTS