Chemical Register & Chemical Inventory
Chemical inventory : The list of all chemicals used in the laboratories
Chemical Register : The list of all chemicals hazardous to health used in the laboratories.
Chemical hazardous to health : chemical or preparation which –
(a) is listed in Schedule I or II;
(b) possess any of the properties categorised in Part B of Schedule I of the Occupational Safety and Health (Classification, Packaging and Labeling of Hazardous Chemicals) Regulations 1997 [P.U. (A) 143/97];
(c) comes within the definition of “pesticide” under the Pesticides Act 1974 [Act 149]; or
(d) is listed in the First Schedule of the Environmental Quality (Schedule Wastes) Regulations 1989 [P.U. (A) 139/89];
- Please refer to the Guidelines for the Preparation of A Chemical Register endorsed by DOSH to fulfill the Chemical Register.
- Download the Chemical Inventory and Chemical Register format :
Labeling & Relabeling
Label should following the latest hazard pictograms format :
For a container of 125 ml and below, the packaging shall be labelled legibly and indelibly containing the following information :
Download template here
Safe Storage of Chemicals
Download related form:
- Waste Label -Latest labeling format for chemical disposal.
- Kaedah Pembungkusan (L1) – Chemical Waste Packing Method
- Borang lupus sisa – Chemical waste disposal form
- Klasifikasi Sisa Kimia (J1) – Chemical classification